Homemade Sugar Scrub Cleanser
About 10 years ago, I started making my own skincare products. My inspiration was a friend named Carol, who’s an artisan skincare producer based in New Mexico. She taught me that simple kitchen ingredients can be turned into nourishing food for your skin.
I’d love share with you one of my favorite skincare recipes: a simple sugar scrub cleanser. It uses 3 basic ingredients you might already have at home: sugar, grapeseed oil, and unscented body wash. Additionally, it takes just moments to make and is ideal to use as we transition from winter to spring. And, it makes a great DIY gift, too!
Here’s How to Make the Sugar Scrub Cleanser
- 1/4 cup Regular Unbleached or Turbinado Sugar
- 1/4 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1/4 cup Natural, Unscented Body Wash
- Optional: a few drops of your favorite Essential Oil (my favorites are lemon, rose, lavender, lemongrass, and jasmine)
What to do:
- Pour the three into a medium sized bowl and stir together
- Transfer into a glass jar
- Use to gently exfoliate your hands and body (except face) and then wash it off.
- Follow up with skin oil or lotion.
Recipe by Wei Bertram