Turmeric Ginger Chai
Something a number of us here at Arogya have in common is a shared interest in visiting India. Our experiences there have also fostered a mutual love for traditional Indian chai, which is a creamy blend of black tea, milk, sugar, and aromatic spices, typically ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, clove, nutmeg, and black pepper. On a cold, rainy day last week, we decided to create our own rendition of a warming, caffeine-free, and sugar-free turmeric ginger chai using our most popular healing blend. The result was a nourishing and calming tonic that’s perfect to sip anytime, as well as when the weather’s hot or cold.
To learn more about the healing properties of the herbs in our turmeric ginger tea, check out this blog we published a few months ago.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of Arogya Turmeric Ginger Tisane
- 2 1/2 cups Boiling Water
- 1 cup any kind of Milk (we love using raw goats milk from CT’s Beltane Farms)
- 2 tablespoons Honey (we use Andrew’s Local Raw Honey)
- Spoon the loose tea into a tea basket or bag. Add boiling water and let steep for 3-5 minutes. You’ll want a nice strong brew!
- Remove the tea bag/basket and stir in honey
- Pour in the milk and lightly stir.
Recipe by Wei Bertram, Photos by Sophie Slater